LDDS-100: 100% Lacquer Inspection
100% inline Lacquer Detection camera system - drops, splatter, missing lacquer, margin width, skew
The LDDS-100 Lacquer Defects Detection System is a fully-automatic, in-line system that scans the full length of every coated sheet and detects lacquer contamination in the margins, skewed sheets, off-register coating and other defects. It automatically alerts operators when there are problems and rejects the defective sheets from the line.
The system is the first of its kind and the only known method for ensuring that all margins are on-register and clean. If left unchecked, problems in the margins can cause serious issues, such as spark-out of the welding wire. Furthermore, if a problem is detected (today a test is typically done by a line operator every few minutes), hundreds of sheets will need to be held.
By continuously monitoring the margin positions and width (coating registration) automatically, the LDDS-100 saves the plant from having to remove sheets for measuring the margins, saving even more resources.
The LDDS-100 ensures that any problem will be noticed immediately and no incorrectly coated sheets will be produced, saving valuable resources both at the coating line and at the can making line.
- High ROI (Return on Investment) at the coater and at the welder
- Reduces scrap at the coater due to defects and cost of samples pulled for measurement
- More accurate and reliable than welder-integrated contamination monitors
- Checks margin widths and positions automatically without removing sheets
- Fully automatic operation
- Shorter coater setup and changeover times
- Better quality and traceability
So far, the system has rejected sheets with:
- Contamination in the margins
- Margin tapering
- Skewed sheets
- Margin drift
- Other visual defects
- Number of margins Up to 8
- Interface Touchscreen
- Connections Sheet rejection system and / or sheet feed stop
- Types of lacquers Gold, White and Clear
- Types of defects Off-register, margin width, skewed sheet, droplets and other defects
- Changeover time 5 minutes