MDA – Multidimensional Automatic Gauge for Aerosol Cans
All critical dimensions on any size aerosol can measured automatically and simultaneously
Many Aerosol can manufactures rely on a wide range of handheld calipers, micrometers and other time consuming measurement devices to gauge the critical dimensions of Aerosol cans during production and machinery setup. Unfortunately, existing all-in-one gauges that have been available until today are often custom made per a specific can size (so each plant needs several of them), they’re expensive and difficult to calibrate and use.
Quality By Vision’s MDA-100 – Multidimensional Automatic Gauge for Aerosol Cans is is an accurate, user friendly and affordable system that automatically measures and records all important physical dimensions on the complete range of aerosol can sizes. The system measures all dimensions in less than a second and displays the results on screen and shows the operator which of the dimensions are out of specifications. The Multidimensional Automatic Gauge can measure three sections of can in about 10 seconds and the results are completely tamper-proof (operators can’t change the numbers detected by the gauge).
The MDA-100 doesn’t require any change parts or changeover to go from one can size to another so only one is needed per plant. Calibration is easy and takes less than a minute to perform. The system takes up much less space than the range of micrometers and calipers used today and it is much more reliable and accurate. In independent Gauge R&R (repeatability and reproducability) tests performed by our customers, the Multidimensional Automatic Gauge exceeded requirements on all dimensions.
The system provides easy to read information on the can and records the data in the built-in Symphony SPC and data collection system. The MDA-100 can also automatically export the measurement data in to third-party software like InfinityQS, Datamyte and others. Due to a special centering mechanism and high-accuracy zero-drift gauges, there is no operator influence on the measurement process.
The MDA-100 – Multidimensional Automatic Gauge for Aerosol Cans is the perfect all-in-one measurement system for finished aerosol cans of any size.
The MDA-100 – Multidimensional Automatic Gauge for Aerosol Cans measures the following can dimensions simultaneously and automatically:
- Total can height (E dimension)
- Dome depth (BD dimension)
- Seam height / length (L dimension)
- Height between top and bottom seams (D dimension)
- Height from top seam to top of can (C dimension)
- Top seam diameter (K dimension)
- Bottom seam diameter (Bottom K dimension)
- Can body diameter (BO dimension)
- S-dimension (on necked cans)
- 1″ opening inside diameter (ID)
- 1″ opening outside diameter / ring diameter (ED or OD dimension)
- Can type: Aluminum or Steel, 3-piece, 2-piece and Monobloc
- Can opening: 1" standard
- Can Height: All can heights
- Can Diameters: All can diameters
- Simultaneously Measures: Can height, Seam height, Height between seams (D-dimension), Height from top seam to top of can (C-dimension), Top seam diameter, Bottom seam diameter, Dome depth, S-dimension, 1" opening outside diameter and inside diameter
- Measurement time: Less than 1 second
- Can profiles: Necked and non-necked, straight or shaped
- Measurement: Automatic with no operator override or subjectivity
- On-screen display: Measurements, in / out of spec on a can drawing