PMA-100 Polycarbonate Multiwall Analyzer
Quality By Vision’s revolutionary PMA-100 Polycarbonate Multiwall Analyzer is a fully automatic, in-line thickness inspection system for multi-wall (hollow) or solid sheet manufacturers. The system is the first of its kind and the only one capable of measuring wall thickness of all walls on the sheet automatically on the line.
Many multi-wall manufacturers still measure wall thickness manually using a micrometer on a sample taken at the end of the production line. Because of the relatively low production speed, the long production line length and the time needed to take the actual measurements, the micrometer measurement done at any given time represents the condition of the line 10 minutes to 1 hour ago, depending on the line speed. The measurement is also inaccurate as it involves applying the micrometer force manually on the soft plastic material.
The PMA-100 automatically scans the thickness of each wall (top, bottom and internal walls if necessary) at a width of 1.8 meters in under 25 seconds. After each scan, the PMA-100 produces a report of the wall thickness that corresponds to each of the adjusting screws, according to the die in use. The results show the operator which screws they need to adjust and by exactly how much. Since the system is mounted close to the calibrator, the feedback on any change to the adjustment screws is almost immediate!
The PMA-100 allows for manufacturing at a lower tolerance than ever before, as close as possible to the minimum weight requirements while enabling higher quality and even distribution of the material throughout the product. This can save the plant tens of thousands of dollars per year, per line.
Several PMA-100 units have been working for over a year at a leading hollow PC sheet manufacturer and they have improved the plant’s quality, reduced setup times between die changeovers and saved money in scrap and reduced down time. Contact Quality By Vision today for more information on the Polycarbonate Multiwall Analyzer and start saving!
- Non-destructive, fully automatic, in-line, continuous wall thickness inspection with no labor costs
- Inspection is done continuously on the line with no interference to line operation
- Measurement reports are sorted by screw, directing operators which screws on the die to adjust and by how much
- Results are also sorted by heating zones on the die, giving the operator information on whether to change the heating zone temperatures
- Continuous monitoring of changes in material distribution during production.
- Immediate feedback on any adjustment
- Significant savings in raw material, lost production time and scrap
- Higher product quality due to even material ditribution
- Shorter setup and changeover times
- More accurate than micrometer measurements
- Enables production with lower tolerances and lower sheet weights
- Supported sheet ypes: Multiwall / Hollow and Solid sheets
- Color: Trasnaparent (Clear and tinted) and Diffused
- Sheet thickness: Up to 10 walls, 1.25" total thickness, higher thicknesses can also be supported
- Typical scan time: Less than 25 seconds per wall
- Number of screws supported: Unlimited
- Accuracy: 0.0004" (4 tenths) or better