Pop & Tear Gauge
Quality By Vision’s Pop and Tear Gauge is a high accuracy, programmable and automatic system for measuring the force needed to pop and tear an easy open food or beverage end.
The system utilizes high accuracy components for gauging force and angle, and Quality By Vision precision mechanics and a robust design to deliver an ideal Pop and Tear gauge solution that will fit your budget.
Instead of just spitting out numbers, the Pop and Tear Gauge displays Force and Angle graphs in real time on the computer monitor and automatically detects all pressure points. The gauge easily connects to our Symphony software, or to any other data collection, analysis, and SPC system.
The Pop and Tear Gauge’s test scenarios are completely programmable, allowing plants to completely customize the gauge’s behavior to fit any requirements!
Repeatble end positioning is ensured by the custom machined end holders and a laser line that clearly marks the center.
Using Symphony software, the operator can choose type of end from a pre-selected list, the amount of ends to measure in the same report, and up to 8 parameters that will enable tracing the report in the future.
- Aluminium or steel ends
- Standard EZO or Foil peel off ends
- Measurement units: Newton, Kg or Lb
- Displays force vs time, and force vs angle graphs
- Programmable modes of operation
- Save and print option of graphs, reports and statistics
- Built in calibration menu, calibration gauge included
- End Diameters 200-600
- Measurement accuracy +/- 2.0 Newtons
- Angle accuracy 0.1 degrees
- Pop force Up to 50 Newtons
- Tear Force Up to 100 Newtons
- Cycle time About 10 seconds
- Approx demensions W 25.6, H 29.5, D 15.7 Inch
- Approx net weight 143 Lb