SEAMetal HD: Double Seam Inspection for Food Cans
High Definition Double Seam Scope for Food Cans
NEW! SEAMetal 6.0 Version for Windows 10
Many companies believe that increasing the number of double seam measurements is the best solution in ensuring their seams are hermetically vacuum sealed. Increasing the rate and number of double seam measurements is not the solution. After all, checking more cans won’t improve production, it will just locate problems more frequently – without improving a single can. That’s why advanced, high accuracy, fast and repeatable seam scopes are needed now more than ever.
SEAMetal HD is the third generation of double seam vision systems by Quality By Vision. Quality By Vision has been continuously improving and developing this system since 1993, ever since the world’s first automatic double seam scope: SEAMetal 9000X has been introduced. Contrary to some statements by competitors, Quality By Vision were also the first to introduce the fully automatic robotic system for double seam inspection in late 2003.
Our SEAMetal HD double seam software is easy to learn and the most user-friendly in the industry. Fifteen years of continual improvements have allowed us to introduce the first integrated High-Definition sensor for double seam inspection. This provides an unprecedented look at the double seam. You can now get a sharper, clearer image which in turn gives a much more accurate and repeatable measurement!
The system runs under Windows operating systems (including Windows 10) and connects to the computer using USB 2 (or higher).
In third party customer GR&R testing, this system was found to have “world class” GR&R rating!
The software measures: Body thickness, Cover thickness, Seam thickness, Seam length (seam height), Body Hook, Cover Hook, Wrinkle (Tightness), Seam Gap, Countersink, Body Hook Butting, Cover Hook Butting, Overlap, Overlap %, (Countersink – Length), Vee, and many more. The software also allows for 5 standards (including minimum, maximum, nominal and amber = Unacceptable minimum and maximum).
Each measurement can be made from the high definition sensor, by keyboard, or imported from an external mechanical gauge. The software provides easy to understand and free SPC statistics graphs. Statistics calculations include: Average, standard deviation, six sigma graphs, CP, CPK, Kurtosis, Skewness as well as UCL and LCL.
- Each seam can be measured automatically (less than 1 second per seam scan) or manually
- Seam thickness, countersink and other measurements can be received from the software, calipers or external gauges
- Adjustable Centering Device on the vision system ensures the seam image is ideal and blocks unwanted light
- Free SPC system – easy to use, easy to understand, great graphics, supports drilldown directly from SPC graphs down to the seam reports
- Tight integration with Excel for automatic, customizable reports
- True thickness option for accurate seam thickness, without requiring external calipers or gauges!
- Adaptive detection algorithm – improves accuracy by training detection system with hard-to-detect double seams
- Multilingua – Translations available to most languages
- Network support – allows secure access to other SEAMetal HD systems throughout the network, as well as remote report viewing through local and remote network
- Customizable reports
- Supports rechecks – in situations where seamer adjustments were performed after the seam check
- Supports “undo” to avoid operator mistakes
- Communicates with any SPC data collection system
- SEAM-explorerTM allows R&D teams to inspect any radius, angle, distance or area within the double seam
- External gauge support (e.g., can height, flange width, double seam thickness, double seam length and more)
- Option: Portable Optical unit with portable saw
- CE certified
- Pre-focused, Pre-calibrated
- Optional gauge attachments (e.g., Countersink gauge, thickness gauge)
- NEW – Competitive upgrades for seam inspection systems from other manufacturers!
New SEAMetal 6.0 features:
- Support from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Multi touch support (zoom, pan)
- Touch & Gesture support
- Mouse wheel support
- Completely redesigned for supporting new wider screens
- Adapts to your screen resolution, particularly with high resolution screens!
- XD mode (switch between gauge and non gauge).
- Per-standard enable/disable gauge measurements
- SPC date presets
- Calibration report now accessible directly via menu
- PDF export support in reports
- New database format
- External gauges can now be measured in any order that the company prefers
- Improved detection
- Improved image quality from optical units
- Improved reports printing
- Resolution (HD) 0.0002" (0.005 mm)or better
- Case Stainless Steel
- Interface USB2
- Centering device Variable (depending on can type)
- Optical units Call for details