OSI-100 Optical Sheet Inspection System
The OSI-100 Optical Sheet Inspection System was designed from the ground up for sheet manufacturers. The system consists of both a “standard” defect detection and classification system as well as optical distortion measurement, all in one package using one clear user interface.
The OSI-100 utilizs a specially designed illumination system that allows detection of both dark and clear defects with unparalleled sensitivity. While dark defects are detected using standard bright field illumination, clear defect are detected using dark field illumination.
The distortion measurement gives an overall indication of the sheet distortion and detects distortion irregularities and the shallowest optical defects.
The system optimizes the cross cutting saw and automatically and efficiently removes disqualified sheet sections with minimum scrap, instead of disqualifying full size sheets.
A simple to operate yet sophisticated, field proven user interface answers the different needs of the line operator, line manager, quality assurance department and plant engineering.
A number of options based on the OSI-100 are available:
- The simpler OSI-10 system without the distortion measurement. Delivers lower cost solution for general purpose sheets.
- The OSI-20 – specially designed for the inspection of opaque solid or foamed sheets, enabling one or two sides inspection and surface texture analysis, crucial for printing media materials.
- The OSI-30 hollow sheets inspection system – designed for closely viewed high quality multiwall products, and enables detecting of contaminations and skin ripples. If you manufacure multiwall sheets, you may also be interested in our PMA-100 thickness inspection system.
- Two illumination systems for enhanced defect detection:Bright field – for dark defects detection
- Dark field – for clear defects detection
- Distortion measurement creates a distortion map of the sheet and detects disqualifying optical irregularities
Production Yield Improvement
- Cross saw cutting optimizer – Optimal planning of cross cuts to get as many qualified sheets as possible. Relatively small disqualified sheet sections will be removed instead of disqualifying full length sheets.
- The system supports middle saw cutting and calculates the quality level of each of the two halves individually.
Line Operator Toolbox
- A dedicated, simple line operator display showing the line, manufactured sheets status and indicators of the production quality.
- Alarms can be set for custom indexes such as percentage of quality level failure, quality tests failure and defect appearances.
- Immediate “drill down” tools provide instant information of what quality test are failing and what defect are causing the failure.
- A “Defects rolling map” where each of the relevant defects is displayed as a predefined symbol and according to its true position, gives the operator a realistic and easy to understand picture of the production.
- Repeating defects caused by the calendar rolls, cooled or regular rollers are detected, marked and counted.
- A “Distortion rolling map” where all the measured distortion values are displayed as gradient colors from yellow (-) to green (zero) to red (+). Gives an easy to understand picture of the distortion across the sheet. Distortion irregularities are highlighted.
Documentation and Quality Management
- The entire run history is stored and can be retrieved including all the information that was available during the run: Defect/distortion maps, defect pictures, quality tests, trends etc.
- Reports can be generated for each one of the qualified/scrapped sheets; the report describes all the defects found in the sheet, sizes, and the relevant quality tests that the sheet passed.
- Inspection Width: Customizable, per line specifications
- Resolution: 0.002" or better for high optic sheets
- Line Speed: Up to 36'/min depending on resolution and line width
- Distortion Range: +/- 400 milidiopter or better
- Illumination Types: Bright and Dark Field