SEAMetal SD: Double Seam scope, Beverage Cans
Automatic evaluation of double seams for beverage cans
NEW SEAMETAL 6.0
for Windows 10
Double seam scopes have advanced dramatically during the last decade. Quality By Vision is proud to introduce the SEAMetal SD – standard definition double seam inspection system for beverage cans.
Offering the same capabilities as the industry-leading SEAMetal HD double seam evaluation and measurement system, but utilizing standard definition video, the software is able to meet todays most rigid beverage can filler requirements for double seam quality control, at a lower cost than ever before!
The price and features package make the SEAMetal SD perfect for smaller beverage plants and craft brewers.
Beverage companies are under pressure to downgauge (reduce lid diameter), reduce material thickness and increase production speed. This means that there are now more seaming problems than ever before!
This version of SEAMetal is easy to learn and the most user-friendly yet. SEAMetal SD is a low cost, high quality, repeatable and flexible solution for double seam evaluation.
New version 6.0 offers SEAM doctor, which helps you in determining the root cause of the issues you are seeing and assists you in fixing them!
SEAMetal SD is the third generation of double seam scanner by Quality By Vision. The company has never stopped improving and developing this system since 1993, when it produced the world’s first computerized fully automatic double seam scanning system: SEAMetal 9000X.
This version offers features like ExcelTM integration, zoom in, resizeable windows, new SPC system, new report system. You can now see the image better and get a much more accurate scan measurement! The software runs under WindowsTMoperating systems (including Windows 7).
In third party customer GR&R testing, this system was found to have “world class” GR&R ratings!
New SEAMetal 6.0 features:
- New: SEAM doctor!
- Support from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Multi touch support (zoom, pan)
- Touch & Gesture support
- Mouse wheel support
- Completely redesigned for supporting new wider screens
- Adapts to your screen resolution, particularly with high resolution screens!
- XD mode (switch between gauge and non gauge).
- Per-standard enable/disable gauge measurements
- SPC date presets
- Calibration report now accessible directly via menu
- PDF export support in reports
- New database format
- External gauges can now be measured in any order that the company prefers
- Improved detection
- Improved image quality from optical units
- Improved reports printing
Industry leading features:
- Each measurement can be measured automatically (less than 1 second per image), manually or configured to use an external caliper or gauge.
- Centering device ensures image is ideal and blocks unwanted light.
- Free SPC system, easy to use, easy to understand, great graphics, supports drilldown directly from SPC graphs!
- Tight integration with Excel for automatic, customizable reports!
- True thickness option for accurate double seam thickness analysis, without requiring external calipers or gauges!
- Adaptive detection algorithm – improves accuracy by training detection system with hard-to-detect double seams!
- Multilingual! Translations available to most languages!
- Network support – allows secure access to other SEAMetal HD systems through the network, as well as remote report viewing through local and remote network!
- Customizable reports!
- Supports rechecks – in situations where seamer adjustments were performed.
- Supports undo to avoid operator mistakes!
- Communicates with any SPC data collection system!
- SEAM-explorerTM allows R&D teams to inspect any radius, angle, distance or area within the double seam!
- External gauge support (e.g., can height, flange width, double seam thickness, double seam length and more!).
- Optical unit is portable, complete with portable saw!
- CE certified!
- Pre-focused, Pre-calibrated.
- Optional gauge attachments (e.g., Countersink gauge, thickness gauge).
- Competitive upgrades for seam inspection systems from other manufacturers!
- Case: Stainless steel
- Resolution (SD): 0.0005" (0.01mm) or better
- Interface : USB2
- Centering device: Variable (depending on can type)
- Optical units: Call for details